Pages

The Lavender Fields

Monday, November 29, 2010

Vintage Photos and our History....

I have been collecting vintage photos from my family members, and I am determined to find out as much as I can about these photos and who is in them, and document all of this info.  My Mom recently gave me this photo of her as a little girl (about two years old) in the photo is her Grandfather, Aunt and Sister. The photo was taken in 1937, we are not sure who took the photo, but my Mom does not have very many photos of her as a child, because her family did not have a camera, so the only photos are from friends or other family members.  I am making separate scrapbooks for my family and one for Pete's family, I want to scrapbook all these memories while there still are people to tell the stories, so my children will know a little about their families past.
I made the flower with cardstock from Papertrey Ink,  I used a tutorial by Lisa Johnson ( she is on the design team for Papertrey Ink) where you die cut the flowers using Papertrey cardstock I used  Berry Sorbet because it matched this beautiful paper from Webster Pages perfectly and using their die (Beautiful Blooms #2 die) You distess the edges and layer them altogher to get this beautiful flower, I have only had luck making these flowers with Papertrey ink cardstock, no other cardstock works....I also used their Mat stack die #3 and Limitles layers die, oh and the button is also Papertrey Ink, matches the papers perfectly.  Thanks for  stoping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment